Friday, December 16, 2016

Life is a circus

I'm slowly dragging myself to the finish line for this year and it's not over yet...I'm feeling pretty foggy today after a number of Christmas celebrations this week including dinner out last night at Red Spice Road (McKillop Street not QV) with a couple of my ex-Telstra work colleagues.  I'd been told to have the pork belly which was delicious and we also tried the prawn with coriander and lime starter along with bigger shared dishes that included the ocean trout and mixed greens finished off by sharing a mille feuille with banana and chocolate.  Needless to say, I staggered out close to midnight feeling pretty full.  It was loud and crowded when we got there around 7.30pm - I did love the David Bromley artwork and the retro soundtrack playing that included Simple Minds and Blondie.
I've had a much quieter day today including a visit to my hairdresser in East Kew.  It's a lovely little pocket if you're ever in the area and today I popped my head in to the relatively new homewares shop on the corner called Flatiron Melbourne.  I loved the Art Deco building that it's housed in and there were some lovely clothes and homewares for sale.
Image via Craft Victoria
There are a couple of other interesting markets on this weekend if you're still on the hunt for presents including the Take It Easy Christmas Market in Brunswick and the Craft Victoria Christmas market at 1000 Pound Bend.
Image via Santa's Break Down Under Facebook page
Meanwhile for something different my friend Matt Hills from Urban Cirque is involved with Santa's Break Down Under open air family circus show complete with food trucks at Coburg Velodrome, which starts tonight if you're a local.  There's not long to go and I hope you are getting there as well...
Image via Santa's Break Down Under

No comments:

Post a Comment