Monday, December 12, 2016

Divide and conquer

Mr Rosanna and I actually went Christmas shopping together today - the first time in many years and I know couples who get their kids minded while they do the same together as a unit.  While online shopping can be a real boon especially for those who are time-poor, house bound or live in remote areas - I do prefer shopping in the real world when I have the time.  And while I'm not a big fan of shopping malls in comparison to markets - they do have their advantages and we're lucky to have a choice of Westfield Doncaster, Northland and Eastland if you live anywhere near here.  My hairdresser Vicky used to prefer Eastland before it was renovated as it was relatively quiet however I'm tipping it would be just as busy as the others now!
Speaking of online stores, the amazing blogger and fashionista Estelle Michaelides (above) has launched a new retail venture - the You are your style website and it has some fabulous things from local designers.  You can take the girl out of fashion but you can't take fashion away from the girl!  I hope she gets lots of people dropping by and I'm already in love with a few key pieces like the Imperial Kimono jacket and Mandala bags.
Image via Eltham Twilight Market Facebook page
Christmas is almost upon us - the Eltham Twilight Market is on this Thursday night while the Ivanhoe Makers Market is on this Saturday and the Heide Makers Market on Sunday.  The 2016 Carols by Candlelight Manningham are being held this Friday night while the Warrandyte Community Carols are being held on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment