Friday, December 9, 2016

Are we there yet?

Almost but not quite...while I'm still having to concentrate on work, my body has started winding down and I don't know about you, but I've started to feel pretty weary.  Sickness in our household (thankfully not me this time) has curtailed some of our social activities but I'm actually glad as it's been quite liberating to delete things from our calendar at this time of year!
Image via Tarrawarra Museum of Art
Having said that there are some really lovely things on at the moment.  The Wizard of Oz at the Heidelberg Theatre Company starts today and I think it would be a great show for kids.  The Tarrawarra Museum of Art in Healesville is also holding its Open Weekend with free entry if you're interested in heading out there while closer to home Carols by Candlelight is being held tomorrow night at Ivanhoe Park.  I hope the weather holds given our school carols night was cancelled this week.
Image via Small Axe Kitchen
Besides work, I managed to catch up with my ex-client Pat Mackle from Avant Card earlier this week and we had a fantastic brunch at Small Axe Kitchen in Brunswick sitting outside sharing a couple of sardine and eggplant dishes which were delicious!
Image via Lonely Planet
I really should be finishing my Christmas shopping but have needed to get myself organised on the home front as well as just relax on the back of being quite tired.  Gift vouchers for experiences are always a great idea as well as some of the more arty gifts you can buy at the Heide Store, Montsalvat and Bundoora Homestead Art Centre.  Bulleen Art and Garden are selling living Christmas trees which are a wonderful idea and also have a Christmas exhibition currently showing in their Bolin Bolin Gallery.  Lonely Planet also do some great kids travel books if you are hitting the road, seas or skies this Christmas.
Watermelon bow tie by OTAA
I'm working at the moment with a very stylish colleague Pio and he's given me a number of tips for the men in my life including a number of online men's accessories and bicycle brands including OTAA, Happy Socks and 4SHAW.  As well as this, we've also been buying business gifts from The Daily Edited.  I hope you may be more progressed along the path than me this Christmas!  Have a great weekend...not long to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment