Sunday, December 4, 2016

A local story space

I was interviewed a couple of weeks ago by Jenni Mazaraki who I recently profiled on Miss Rosanna and her lovely post on me is now up on her blog - you can read about my local story space here.  It was an interesting experience to be the subject instead of the interviewer - something that I'm not completely comfortable with given I'm often the observer although I hope you can't tell in my story which is both online and available on Soundcloud as an audiocast. My thanks to Jenni once again for featuring me on her blog - look out for her name on the Creative Women's Circle blog, where she's just been appointed as a contributing blogger.
Local Story Space blog
With family birthday celebrations now out of the way, I've turned my mind to finishing my Christmas shopping.  The Ivanhoe Christmas Shopping event is being held on the 8 & 9 December, while the Sisters' Market in Brunswick is being held the 9 & 10 December with Markit@FedSquare on 11 December.
Markit@FedSquare image via Twitter
If you're in the mood for celebrating, the very popular Puesta del Sol (food, drinks & music poolside at sunset) at Montsalvat starts on 8 December while the Boulevard Lights in Ivanhoe start on 10 December - remember to avoid the Burke Road freeway exit while it's on.
Puesta del Sol image via Montsalvat
I'm now starting catch ups with friends and family in the lead up to the big day and I hope you are taking care of yourself at this time of year - it can be the most wonderful time of year if you're in a good place but a more difficult time, if things haven't gone so well or if you're not happy with where you're life is at.  Remember your own power, and part in things, and try not to compare yourself to anyone else.  In the words of Stephanie Dowrick - every day is a new beginning and not just limited to this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment