Monday, November 7, 2016

Feeling Funkie

Funkie Brewster is the name of one of Rosanna's newest cafes housed in the former wetsuit shop on Davies Street.  It's a cute name for those of us who can remember the TV series Punky Brewster starring Soleil Moon Frye.  I also like the name of two young boys cafe in Greensborough - perhaps because I have two of my own!  I was also visiting East Ivanhoe Village shopping centre last week and walked past the relatively new Align Pilates Studio, which is great for those of you who practise pilates (or are interested in trying a class) - core strength becomes increasingly important as you get older.
Image via Align Pilates Studio
I had lunch plans today to visit Moroccan Deli-cacy in East Brunswick, which is unfortunately closed on Mondays, so ended up having a nice pub meal at the East Brunswick Hotel, which has been renovated since I lived in the area.  There's a lot of development going on (the hotel had a special tradies' lunch offer as much of their clientele at the moment is workmen!) and I'm kind of glad to no longer be living in such a built up area.  I wonder how I might have felt had I still been local.
Bundoora Nebula Residency image via Arts Access Victoria
On another more cultural note, Bundoora Homestead Art Centre is now seeking applications for 8 paid artists residencies in 2017. The Bundoora Nebula Residency consists of four one month residency periods; each pairing two artists (including one artist with a disability).  If you are a visual artist, performer or musician, then I encourage you to apply as creative opportunities like these are relatively rare.
Image via Sage x Clare Facebook page
If you're planning on hosting some summer lunches or dinner parties, you may also be interested in A Feast for Summer with Stephanie Alexander hosted by Eltham Bookshop and being held next Monday 14 November at St Helena Secondary College.  I love Stephanie's range of garden range and homewares which I think would make for some stylish and practical Christmas gifts.  Speaking of homewares, some of you may be interested in the Plyroom and Sage x Clare Warehouse Sale being held in Northcote this coming Saturday.  I really need to start my Christmas shopping...

Nb. Miss Rosanna is a Bundoora Homestead Art Centre Board of Management member

No comments:

Post a Comment