Friday, October 21, 2016

I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail

The weather is unfortunately looking a bit less than perfect this weekend.  There are a number of events on including Motor Classica at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton where you can take refuge indoors and admire all the beautiful cars on show.
Image via Little Sparrow Market
The Little Sparrow Market is being held on Sunday at Fed Square so I hope the sun comes out for this event.  There's also a Breakfast with the Birds free event being held in Banyule on Sunday morning although funnily enough with our backyard, we have feathered friends who visit us every morning for breakfast who like to tap on our window to let us know they're here.
Our friend Tappy the Cockatoo
Speaking of which, the Aussie Backyard Bird Count is currently on and finishes on Sunday if you want to have a go at counting the number of birds you get visiting in your backyard.  It must be the weekend for wildlife as the La Trobe University wildlife sanctuary is also holding its first family fun day on Sunday.
Sweet Mocha Macleod
The rain has started and I'm glad I got my exercise in early today.  After a packed class at Cinch PT in Macleod, Mr Rosanna and I dropped in to the newly opened Sweet Mocha which had a very beautiful display of sweet treats although we only had coffees.

The On the Hill Festival in Panton Hill is also being held on Sunday and speaking of hills, I am also heading past Panton Hill and beyond this weekend for a special retreat away...I will reveal more next week when I return.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment