Monday, October 10, 2016

And company

I hope you had a great weekend.  It's birthday season in my household so we we actually spent Saturday at Latitude Trampoline Park in Heidelberg West.  I remember going roller skating as a child at the Heidelberg skate rink but trampolining and rock climbing seem to be the new thing, which is great if you have active children.  We drove past what looks like a brand new cafe (from the outside) aptly called My brother and I on the corner of Dougharty and Bamfield Roads but I couldn't find anything online about them.  Hopefully my friends who live in Heide Heights as they call it, can tell me.
Image via Melbourne Festival
The Melbourne Festival opened last week and runs until 23 October - it's a fantastic event that has been running for many years now and really cements Melbourne's reputation as the arts capital of Australia.  Closer to home, I am hoping to make it to Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen to see the Making Modernism show opening this week.  I'm a fan of print maker Margaret Preston but I think it will be great to also see fellow female Australian artist Grace Cossington-Smith's work as well as American artist Georgia O'Keeffe - all the artists were quite influenced by the environment.
Shilo patchwork bedcover image via Sage and Clare
Speaking of which, it was lovely to read about Melbourne homewares label Kip & Co launching the Snugglepot & Cuddlepie range of bed linen in celebration of the 100 year anniversary of May Gibbs' books! You might put them on your wish list if you have children in your life.
Miann & Co rug image via Cocoon Living
As for me, this beautiful 1970s and Moroccan-inspired patchwork bedcover by another Melbourne label Sage & Clare is on my wish list along with this handmade crochet rug by Miann & Co - perfect for a more feminine-inspired nursery, bathroom or bedroom while this middle-eastern inspired cushion (featuring birds!) from Linen and Moore has also caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment