Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Get better soon

I've very inconveniently got sick this week after doing a bit too much these past few weeks.  Mr Rosanna's a bit cross with me for bringing it on myself although I have become much better at saying no these days and trying to pace myself.  I've also tried to limit the late nights as I think these in particular tend to catch up with you as you get older.
Image via Bar Nonno
Having said that, Mr R and I had an awesome night out with my ex-client Pat Mackle from Avant Card, and her partner Paul, on Saturday night at Bar Nonno on High Street in Northcote, smack bang in between Merricote and Barry, near the Westgarth Theatre and a bit deceptive from the front - the dining area goes way back into the building with tables and banquette seating.  Pat and Paul are one of the most fun, and youngest at heart, couples we know and the food at Bar Nonno was the best I've had in a long while.  Our starters included mixed oysters, prawn rolls and mushroom arancini balls which were all delicious followed by mains including John Dory and Beef Bourguignon matched with wine for those who were drinking.  Bar Nonno is actually a wine bar with the family who own it having their own Carlei Wines.
Mirka Mora x Gorman  Rainbow silk top image via Gorman
Pat was wearing a beautiful Mirka Mora x Gorman silk top, which has just hit the shops and sold out in many of the stores although you can order it online and my farewell presents from her included special pieces from both Gorman and T2 - she's a woman after my own heart!

I also managed to catch up with another ex-client of mine Margot Tasca from The Light Factory Gallery who is having her book launch at Readings Carlton in the Spring - she's written a biography on indigenous artist Percy Leason and I can't wait to get a signed copy!
Image: Beth Harland, Work in progress (detail), 2016 Mixed media | Dimensions variable | Courtesy of the artist
Speaking of art, Impermanent Durations starts at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre on 29 July with this exhibition being a cross-cultural exchange between artists based in Melbourne, London and Singapore.  Meanwhile, Impressions - Print Making Exhibition opens at Hatch Contemporary Art Space on 28 July celebrating the 50th year of the Print Making Council of Australia.
Image via allevents.in
Finally, if you've started to do your Christmas or other shopping, the Finders Keepers Market is on from this Friday at the Royal Exhibition building in Carlton while closer to home Tubby the Tuba children's concert by the Heidelberg Symphony Orchestra is on this Sunday at Ivanhoe Girls' Grammar School.

No comments:

Post a Comment