Friday, July 29, 2016

100 Days, 100 Nights

I'm sure glad it's nearly August - would you believe I've already seen blossom starting to appear on the trees as I head to work at La Trobe University?  I'll be glad when Spring arrives which isn't too long now...
Image via miff.com.au
If you need to stay indoors, the Melbourne International Film Festival opened yesterday and one of the movies I'd like to see is Miss Sharon Jones - Mr Rosanna and I have seen her perform a couple of times here in Melbourne and her life story is very inspiring.  Open House Melbourne is also on this weekend, of which Bundoora Homestead Art Centre will be participating.
Image via Wild About Melbourne
Locally, you can also head to the Wild About Melbourne pop up market indoors at The Spotted Mallard in Brunswick, while if you're feeling more adventurous, the Eaglemont Village Sizzling Saturday market is also on tomorrow.

My friend Helen Webster is also holding her annual Raffal winter sale next Saturday 6 August from 3 - 5 pm at the Ivanhoe Uniting Church in Seddon Street, Ivanhoe where you'll be able to find some beautiful shawls, stoles, scarves and jewellery.  For more information call Helen on 0408 051 644 or email helenw@ozonline.com.au

I've been a busy bee organising the upcoming Bold Thinking Series of public lectures for La Trobe University at the State Library Village Roadshow Theatrette.  There are some interesting topics and speakers for each event and I'll reveal more closer to the time.  Have a great weekend!

Disclaimer: Miss Rosanna is a Board member at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre

No comments:

Post a Comment