Friday, May 27, 2016

Blokes and Sheilas

I've been laughing at the name of Festival of Steve, which is on this weekend in the city, celebrating all things manly.  We ladies don't miss out either as Women of Letters is also on at The Thornbury Theatre on Sunday.
Image via Festival of Steve Twitter page
There's a lot on this last weekend before Winter officially hits.  Locally, the Mosque Open Day in Heidelberg Heights is being held tomorrow and if I wasn't already busy, I would love to visit.  I've been to a lot of churches and temples in my time but never a real mosque although one day I hope to visit the ones I've only read about in Morocco and Turkey.  If you're in the area, you may also like to drop into the Olympic Village Makers Market, which is on between 10 am and 2 pm.
Image via The Thornbury Theatre
The ARC Sing it Again 20 year tribute concert is also on tomorrow at Banyule Theatre in Heidelberg while Emma Donovan & The PutBacks are playing at Darebin Arts & Entertainment Centre.  It's also National Reconciliation Week and there are a number of different events still taking place in Banyule.
Sorry Day & Reconciliation Week image via Banyule City Council
It's cold outside and I've already started eating stodgy food!  Slow Food Melbourne, Coburg and Eastland farmers markets are all on this weekend and Preston must be the latest foodie place to be - the Cheese and Bread drive through food truck celebrating the humble toastie has just opened and while it may be more low-brow food than high - it's definitely been well timed.

No comments:

Post a Comment