Tuesday, March 29, 2016

There is no-one alive who is you-er than you

If you've been lucky enough to get away this Easter then I'm jealous!  We've had a staycation here in Melbourne for a variety of reasons and while it's been great to have caught up with friends and family over the break, it isn't quite the same as going somewhere and truly relaxing.  Lots of friends have been away camping to the Grampians, Mount Buller, Bendigo and Beechworth and the weather looks like it's been a lot sunnier than here in Melbourne.  I can't complain too much as we have booked an overseas holiday later this year and I will reveal all closer to the time.
Image via Circus Royale
It's school holidays so a few things arts and culture-related have caught my eye.  Closer to home, Circus Royale have currently pitched their tents in Bulleen at The Manningham on Thompson's Road.  You can book now for tickets for shows on from now until Sunday 10 April starting at $20 for adults and $15 for kids.  Call 0410 699 253 or online to book.
Image via Catchment Players
If the weather stays cool, Inside the Brick 'Dress as your favourite superhero' at Darebin Arts Centre is being held Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 April - a goodie if you have Lego lovers in your life like I do. If you love the world of Dr. Seuss, the Catchment Players are presenting 'Seussical Jr' at Banyule Theatre in Buckingham Drive Heidelberg from 8 - 10 April featuring some of his favourite characters including The Cat in the Hat and Horton the Elephant.
Image via Arts Centre Melbourne
Mr 7 is currently obsessed with Andy Griffiths and his Treehouse books and you can see 'The 52-Storey Treehouse' play at the Arts Centre from 1 - 17 April although many of the week day shows are already sold out.  If you're going into the city, I think IMAX Melbourne 'Jurassic World 3D' would also be worth seeing as well as 'Matilda' - based on Roald Dahl's novel, with music and lyrics by Tim Minchin, which has received 5 star reviews.
Image via Hotel Staff
Finally, a few random things to mention.  I was out visiting my sisters in the inner west and must have driven past the heritage-listed Art Deco building the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road numerous times over the years and never really noticed it.  I think it's only been a venue for hire the past couple of years - it looks huge inside!
Image via Three Monkeys Place
Speaking of my childhood, I grew up in both Bulleen and Doncaster East and couldn't wait to flee the suburbs as a teenager.  Funny now that I've returned to the 'burbs and the suburbs themselves are slowly grooving up.  Three Monkeys Place cafe has opened in what were my local shops - Jackson Court - in Doncaster East while the former Taipan yum cha restaurant has now become Don Hill Seafood Restaurant at 239 Blackburn Road in Doncaster East - I'll have to go check them out at some stage soon.  The weather's got cold and I've started eating...

No comments:

Post a Comment