Tuesday, March 15, 2016

North Yarra

I always feel a bit discombobulated after a three day weekend.  And yes, I never thought I'd be able to say 'discombobulated' in a blog post but there you go.  I was sitting at my desk yesterday and only then realised today was going to be Tuesday and I had to go to work.  I hope you had a great long weekend away or visiting Moomba or other events.  Mr Rosanna and I are still tackling house maintenance so I've been painting, which I enjoy for all sorts of reasons - I think it's one of the most cost-effective things you can do that adds impact and value straight away and really lifts a room or building so well worth doing.
Image via Capeside Coffee
A couple of local things to mention today.  Capeside Coffee has recently opened in Cape Street Heidelberg opposite Heidelberg Primary and there's already been a couple of write ups in both Broadsheet and today's Age Good Food.  I drove past it last week and it was already full! The owners are ex-Ora Specialty Coffee (opposite my hairdressers Wicked Hair in East Kew) and the space is more 'brew bar' (they also do American style filtered coffee) than cafe although sandwiches are on offer.  They're at the bottom of an apartment complex and in a great location.  I often think the side streets off Burgundy Street are a lot nicer than the mish mash of shops and cafes on Burgundy Street itself, which seems to lack soul for me for a variety of reasons.  Heidelberg Primary is actually holding a school fete this coming weekend on Saturday 19 March.
Image via www.realestate.com.au
This Alistair Knox designed house for sale at 149 Old Eltham Road in Lower Plenty has also caught my eye and I'm sure many lovers of mid century architecture and Knox - one of the first environmental builders and architects known for his mud brick houses.  It's not far from artist colony Montsalvat in Eltham which also has its Studio Artists holding an exhibition of their own in the Barn Gallery titled 'Breadth', which opens this Thursday.
Image via Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show
If you're a nature lover like me, you may want to attend this year's Melbourne International Flower and Garden Show, which opens tomorrow.  It's been unseasonally warm and humid this month but all the better reason to go and find out from the experts what we need to do in our outdoor spaces to counteract the effects of climate change and global warming, as well as being inspired in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment