Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hop to it

These four day weeks - I tell you - while I love the long weekends, it's always a squeeze trying to fit everything in.  I'm not used to Easter being this early so the end of term has snuck up on me.  A number of things to mention today.
Easter gift pack image via Pana Chocolate
Easter is just around the corner and locally, you can pick up Australian made eggs at Chocolatier on Waterdale Road in Ivanhoe as well as at the Australian Chocolate Emporium on Silverdale Road in Eaglemont.  I've bought eggs in the past from both shops.  Only Just in Montmorency is also selling Fair Trade easter eggs and I also like Pana Chocolate which you can buy locally at Leo's in Heidelberg.
Stratum by Lene Kuhl Jakobsen
Opening tomorrow night is Things of Wood and Clay at Bulleen Art and Garden with ceramic sculpture and functional objects by Lene Kuhl Jakobsen and wood work from local artist and teacher Andrew Potocnik.  I love both their simple design aesthetic and sensibilities so it's not surprising to me that they've joined forces for this exhibition.  The official opening is being held from 6 - 8 pm tomorrow night with the exhibition on show from 24 March to 24 April in the Bolin Bolin Gallery.
Terrigenous Relics by Lene Kuhl Jakobsen
Also being held on Thursday is the CoBrew Makers Market at 3 Ravens Brewery in Theobald Street, Thornbury - I suspect Mr Rosanna would like this one given it's marketed as being 'Local. Handmade. Food. Beer'.  Mr R found a new barbershop in the city not that long ago which he loves because you get a hair cut and a beer - needless to say he's always pretty happy whenever he gets his hair cut!
Bowls by Andrew Potocnik
While I will be catching up with friends and family over Easter, it is actually Neighbour Day on Easter Sunday.  I've been lucky enough in Rosanna to have neighbours who have actually become good friends (just like the soapie!) but not everyone is always as lucky.  Neighbours are a lesson in tolerance, friendship and community and all about social connection in action.
Things of Clay and Wood exhibition image
Finally, there are a couple of paid and non-paid jobs in the local arts community if you are interested in tipping your hat.  Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen is currently looking for a part-time Finance Assistant and Office Administrator while Bundoora Homestead Art Centre is looking for Board members.  I wish you all a Happy Easter if I don't post again between now and Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment