Friday, February 12, 2016

Local Profile - Marah Houlihan

Marah is another one of my clever and creative ex-work friends, who I miss seeing in the office.  We share a love of vintage clothing and she's a girl with a great sense of style and taste.  Besides holding down a day job, she's recently launched a side career as a jewellery maker and I love her bold and colourful designs - something that's right up my alley.  I can also vouch for her hula-hooping skills - I've seen the pictures!  She's a girl of many talents...read on for more about Marah.
Name: Marah Houlihan
Occupation: Founder of Houlahoops
Lives/works: Brunswick
How long have you lived/worked here? Melbourne born and bred!
About Houlahoops:
Houlahoops all started in November 2015, born from the need for a creative outlet and the undeniable necessity to accessorise every outfit!
After completing a one-day course in resin jewellery making, Houlahoop’s founder Marah Houlihan took to her kitchen bench (much to her boyfriend’s frustration!) and started experimenting with different techniques, colours and shapes.
Today, Houlahoops offers a range of resin of earrings and bangles available online and local markets with plans to extend the portfolio of jewels to necklaces, rings and men’s accessories in the near future.
Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne’s north-east:
Living and working in Melbourne’s north offers ongoing inspiration, from artists, designers, fashion, local businesses not to mention the wonderful eclectic types of Melbourne.  I often find myself taking photos of colour palettes that inspire my jewels – it might be a bedspread I see in a shop window on Gertrude St on a lunch break or the outfit of someone who’s on a night out.

For more information:
Website: www.houlahoops.com
Instagram: /hellohoulahoops
Facebook: Houlahoops

No comments:

Post a Comment