Monday, January 4, 2016

Lazy days

The boys at Imax Melbourne
Welcome to 2016.  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are ready to tackle the New Year, especially if you are back at work like me today.  I'm finding it a bit hard to motivate myself!  And I'm envious of any of you who may be having a long January away at the beach - summer is here and life is going slowly at the moment.

I'm looking forward to a longer break at some stage to re-charge given I spent most of the Christmas/New Year period recovering from illness - it wasn't fun but things could have been worse.  I've been thinking of the poor people who lost their homes to bushfire near Lorne as well as one local family I know who came home from their Christmas away only to find their house ransacked and burgled.
Mr Rosanna and my sister Cat Lew
I''ve not yet had a chance to reflect much or gather my thoughts for the next 12 months suffice to say that I'm looking forward to welcoming more joy and serenity into my life and letting go of anger and regret, things which are never helpful.
Book from Andrews Books Ivanhoe & deli items from Casa Iberica Alphington
My family and I have had some lazy days just hanging out; going to see movies, playing games, going swimming and even feeling relaxed enough to play a bit of music (Mr Rosanna and my sister Cat anyway) at family gatherings.
Hana Matori Japanese maple trees & pots from The Greenery Heidelberg
Mr R has had a long love affair with all things Spanish having travelled through Spain pretty extensively when he first went overseas.  For Christmas this year, I got him a copy of Movida Solera as well as a number of Mexican/Spanish deli items from Casa Iberica in Alphington.  While for me, I received two beautiful 'Hana Matori' Japanese dwarf maple trees in pots from The Greenery Heidelberg (10% off on Wednesdays!) that are now taking pride of place on my Moroccan/Asian-inspired deck, which even the cockatoos are visiting.
Turkish tiles from Ottoman Treasures Brunswick
Lantern from The Greenery Heidelberg, cushions from Bungalow Living
Hanging herb garden - wooden planter boxes from Bulleen Art & Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment