Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Sunset

It's a hot old windy day and I'm trying to tie up loose ends before the school holidays start next week although the private schools have already started holidays as well as senior high school students.  I had the Heide Volunteer Christmas party in the Sidney Myer Education Centre at Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen last night and it was a lovely evening, if a bit humid.  While it threatened to rain, it held off and we were all able to enjoy the food, company and live music plus a bit of singing and dancing to boot.  There are over 200 volunteers at Heide and around 100 were there last night.  The Heide Volunteer Program actually won the Excellence Award for Volunteer Management at this year's Volunteer Victoria Awards and I've already made a couple of good friends there this year.
Image via Montsalvat
There is a heap on this coming weekend, which I'll mention later this week but I did want to add that the second Puesta del Sol event is being held this Thursday night at Montsalvat in Eltham, along with the Ivanhoe Christmas Shopping Night in Ivanhoe.  Nicola Cerini is also holding a clearance sale with the last of her bags at the Abbotsford Convent Antique Bookstore this Friday and Saturday.
Image via Bundoora Homestead Art Centre
The Darebin Art Prize opens at Bundoora Homestead Art Centre on Friday while in my household, my boys are very excited about the upcoming Andy Warhol/Ai Wei Wei exhibition which also opens this Friday at the National Gallery of Victoria.
Two tone rose gold and silver Thistle Link bangle image via Michael Wilson
While I've asked for something living from Santa as my Christmas present this year, jewellery is always a beautiful gift.  While it's more gothic in style, I have visited Michael Wilson Jewellery in Eltham while I've been living in this area and do love the look of their signature Thistle Link bangles.  If you're more interested in making jewellery, I'd also make a beeline for Jeanette Dyke's studio at Montsalvat where you can currently book classes for 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment