Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Meteoric

While I happened to still be up late last night, I didn't get a glimpse of the meteor shower that is currently able to be seen in the night sky here in Melbourne but think it's a lovely allegory for this time of the year and a fitting end to the Year of Light - to see a shooting star (or stars in this case).  I hope you've had a good year.  Next year is the Chinese Year of the Fire Monkey, which sounds interesting.  I love that we have until 8 February 2016 to still make new year's resolutions if we fall over during January.
Buddha Shakyamuni statue in Lerab Ling, Southern France via Rigpa news blog
If you are interested, world renowned Buddhist teacher from Tibet and author of the highly acclaimed book 'The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying' Sogyal Rinpoche is holding a public talk on 5 January 2016 at 7pm in the Collingwood Town Hall as part of his 2016 Australian tour.  I actually have a copy of his book, which a dear friend gave to me many years ago.  You can find out more at www.rigpa.org.au - Rigpa's main retreat is at Lerab Ling in Southern France.
Prosciutto Bros. Craft Bar in Eltham exterior
From Buddhism to beer - it is going to be a hot end to the school year this week.  I'm not a drinker but was in Eltham over the weekend where Mr Rosanna and I happened to drive past Prosciutto Bros Craft Bar, which is just off Susan Street around the corner from Skaterz.  Some lucky locals looked happily ensconced taking in a few quiet beverages on a warm afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment