Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hello Summer

Welcome to summer - it's been a beautiful day and I'm looking forward to eventually starting to wind down for the silly season.  At the very least, I'm glad that the pollens in the air will start to lessen given my hay fever this Spring.  It has indeed been a really busy week for my family and I'm sure for yours as well.
Image via Flinders Landing Apartments
I had dinner out with friends last week at Supernormal in Flinders Lane in the city and it was fantastic.  You can't book for small groups but have to wait for a table on a long bench in front of the bar area.  It's a really large space - one of the larger restaurants around - my girlfriends and I opted for the $65 banquet menu and we were not disappointed - the food was excellent - especially those lobster rolls, which Supernormal is apparently renowned for (or as my friend Amanda was calling it 'Super yummy').  I was also in the city on Saturday which was packed, particularly Fed Square where the Lego Christmas Tree can be found.
I also attended a private function at Montsalvat in Eltham (complete with jumping castle and face painter for the kids) on Sunday night which was also pretty dreamy.  The food was not quite at the same level as Supernormal but it was still a beautiful evening spent in the Great Hall with lots of space for the kids to run around.  Mine were quite obsessed with the peacocks that live there although I found the parade of geese I spied going for their evening stroll single file when we were leaving pretty funny.

I'm taking Mr Rosanna to a secret location for his birthday lunch tomorrow but will reveal all once we've been.  Speaking of food, I did want to mention The Turkish Teahouse in Balwyn which got a write up in today's Age Good Food, and one which I'll be making a bee line for given Turkey is probably my second obsession after Morocco, in terms of countries.  It's just a shame that things overseas feel so tenuous at the moment - both countries are still at the top of my bucket list to visit one day.
Image via Hello Fresh Australia
If you are time poor, my hairdresser and a couple of other people I know have started using the Hello Fresh food box service where the recipes and ingredients are sent to you to then cook.  I have friends who have returned to work full time with children and think if you can afford to outsource, it's one way of keeping your sanity.

Just a quick note that the Scholastic Book Warehouse Sale starts tomorrow in West Heidelberg and the Women Supporting Women Red Shoes networking event in Heidelberg is also being held tomorrow night.  I've not managed to make it to any sessions this year but think it's a good one if you are a local business woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment