Thursday, December 10, 2015

Freedom Time

I hope you have started to wind down in the lead up to Christmas.  After a manic few weeks, I've had a chance to stop and smell the roses this week and just be still for a while, which has been great.  Mr Rosanna and I even managed to put up our Christmas tree last night and I'm pleased to say a number of our activities have become habits this year including meditating and screen-free Wednesdays.
Image via What's in the Box Market
The markets are well and truly on now and this weekend, the What's in the Box Market in Box Hill and Sisters' Market in Brunswick are both on this Saturday.  Closer to home, the Banyule Carols by Candlelight is being held this Saturday evening in Ivanhoe, not Greensborough, this year.  The Boulevard Lights in Ivanhoe also start this Saturday night, although you will have to wait until it gets dark to see much action.

If you're starting to stock up on food, both the Collingwood and Coburg Farmers Markets are also on this weekend.
Image via Plannify.com
And while my dance party days may be behind me, I did want to mention Freedom Time #2 which is being held at the Coburg Velodrome on Sunday as one of my favourite DJs Edd Fisher from Tomorrowland on 3PBS will be spinning tunes, along with female soul DJ Miss Goldie.  While I've visited the Collingwood velodrome before, I didn't know Coburg also had one - I think it would have pretty amazing acoustics - there aren't too many times you can say you went to a dance party held in a cycling arena!

No comments:

Post a Comment