Friday, November 13, 2015

Puesta del Sol

Image via Montsalvat
It means 'sunset' in Spanish and is also the name of the cool poolside event which took place yesterday at Montsalvat in Eltham, complete with live music, drinks at bar prices and Argentinean ice cream by Helajos Jauja.  I've had a busy week and meant to post about it beforehand but luckily there will be a second event held on 10 December if you're interested in going.
Image via Linen & Moore blog
I picked up my computer from Apple Doncaster yesterday which was an experience in itself - waiting with about 20 other people outside before the staff members had their team huddle inside and assembled into positions for when the doors opened - the cult of Apple.  Westfield Doncaster is about to introduce ticketless parking just in time for the Christmas season and all the stores are already in Christmas mode.  I'm not a mall person but did pop my head into Linen & Moore, who also have a store in Fitzroy, and they have some beautiful artisan textiles from all over the world.
Image via The Town Mouse
I've also been eating my way around the place.  I did have brunch not that long ago at Second Home Eltham and parking is a bit of a nightmare - best to go to Susan Street and turn left off Brougham Street.  The food was excellent and it was lovely to see Catherine, the new owner again.  The place was pretty full but you can book on week days (but not public holidays) and the cafe will be open in January if you check the website.  I also went to The Town Mouse in Carlton last night for a catch up dinner with old workmates - parking is also a bit of nightmare around Drummond Street as well although I ended up parking in Rathdowne Street and walking.  It's quite a dark, moody and intimate space (black tiled walls and a big bar in a small area) - we had shared plates perched on stools at the bar tables.  There are some small tables at the front as well.  Again, the food was excellent - we had 6 shared plates plus a couple of drinks and spent about $60 each.  I was also invited to another event with other ex-work friends at Lucy Liu in the city last night, which I missed, but given my work Christmas dinner is being held there, I will let you know what that's like once I go.
Image via Ticketmaster
It's a busy time of year - Mr Rosanna and I have also been invited by friends of mine to the annual Heide fundraising dinner at The Sofitel tomorrow night which I'm really looking forward to - the PR girl in me always loves a chance to frock up and The Sofitel is probably my favourite hotel in Melbourne although I also like the look of a lot of the boutique hotels like The Adelphi, Hotel Lindrum, The Lyle and Art Series Hotels.  The Mansion Hotel and Spa out in Werribee is also pretty amazing if you ever get a chance to visit and where the So Frenchy So Chic music event is held every year.

What's on this weekend?  The Sisters' Market is on in Brunswick tomorrow as well as the Rosanna Primary School Twilight Fair and Kew East Primary School Carnival.  There will also be the Arthur's Creek Annual Garden Walk out in Strathewen and the Malahang Community Festival in West Heidelberg on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment