Thursday, November 5, 2015

Open Spaces

It's been a wet old day and I hope you had a great Melbourne Cup long weekend if you were lucky enough to have Monday off like we did.  It was fantastic to see a female jockey win the Cup in Michelle Payne and I loved the whole back story to her life including her special relationship with her brother Stevie.  I was also lucky enough to have got Prince of Penzance in the family sweep.

Despite not going away for the weekend, Mr Rosanna and I had a pretty fabulous weekend here in Melbourne celebrating Halloween in our street, which is always big, followed by a Halloween party at our neighbour's place.  My kids all thought their Christmases had come at once!  They went as a ghost and a wraith while Mr R had a Day of the Dead costume (which seemed to have been very popular this year) and I went as the Egyptian Goddess Seshat.  Top marks go to one of my work colleagues - Lara who is an American - she's previously been Pippi Longstocking and Blue Smurfette but topped her efforts this year with her Hamburger outfit right down to her fingernail art.

I just wanted to post today about some of the events that are on this coming weekend - I am having computer issues at the moment so will post some images once my computer is fixed (the wonders of modern technology!).  The Wurundjeri Stories Indigenous Trail Walk at Pound Bend in Warrandyte is on this Saturday along with the Eltham Copper Butterfly Festival and Melbourne Design Market at Fed Square.  On Sunday, the inaugural Open Spaces multi-arts event is being held at The Abbotsford Convent while closer to home there'll be the family friendly Music in the Park at E J Andrews Reserve in Briar Hill from 6 - 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment