Monday, November 9, 2015

A blockbuster year

Despite the rise of Netflix and Pay TV in general, it's great to know that the cinema business is booming and I still love a night out at the flicks - it tends to be more kids movies these days than adult but hey - I'll take what I can get!

Spectre - the new James Bond film is out this week and I was looking longingly at The Lido Rooftop cinema program - I'm still yet to go there but looking forward to eventually making it one balmy summer evening.  Mr Rosanna and I think Daniel Craig has been the best Bond since Sean Connery and it will be hard to top Skyfall including the amazing soundtrack by Adele.
All the boys in my household including the big one can't wait for the new Star Wars - The Force Awakens movie to open before Christmas and if you are intending on going, you can actually book tickets now at IMAX Melbourne in Carlton to watch it in 3D.  The premium tickets have already sold out at many sessions before Christmas but normal tickets are still available.

I'm also looking forward to the final instalment of The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 2 - again tipped to be huge at the cinemas this summer.

My computer is in with the Mac doctor aka Genius Bar at Apple Doncaster and I am hoping to get it back this week - words without pictures on my blog just isn't quite the same...

PS. Thought you might like this pic of the Star Wars BB-8 App-Enabled Droid by Sphero which Mr Rosanna and I spied for sale at the Apple Store when we went to pick up our computer...very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment