Friday, October 9, 2015

Whirlwind

I promised myself I was going to try to refrain from crazy busy weeks with multiple appointments on different days but unfortunately, the first week of term has got away from me.  It's the unexpected extra things which end up toppling you over - in this case, it's been the three additional events (two which involved my children) I had on which have been my undoing.  Aaargh!  I'll try again next week.
Image via www.mup.com.au
One of the additional events was attending the briefing for the Modern Love double biography book at Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen where Heide curators and authors Lesley Harding and Kendrah Morgan both spoke.  The associated exhibition in Heide I has also started and is looking fantastic - there was a morning tea and lots of groups going through yesterday.  Like a lot of history buffs, I've found the whole story about John and Sunday Reed fascinating as do many people and there have been a lot of new revelations uncovered in the new book with Lesley and Kendrah having spoken to many people who were in the inner circle.  I'm looking forward to reading it and I'm surprised it's not yet been made into a movie.  Given Nicole Kidman's daughter was named 'Sunday' after Sunday Reed, I'm sure it won't be too long.

Speaking of Heide, there is The Heidelberg School and Heide Artists Trail free event tomorrow at 2pm led by Volunteer Guide Gay Cuthbert (assemble at Heide III and BYO sunscreen and water), which is part of a number of different architecture, history, gardens and sculpture park programs Heide holds throughout the year.  There is also a Sound Walk through Bunjil Reserve in Panton Hill being held tomorrow morning from 10am - midday where you can experience Nillumbik's beautiful bushland.  Again, bushwalking footwear, hat, sunscreen and drink should be brought.  The snakes are already out this season so beware!
Images above and below via artsinmaroondah.com.au
Garden Party 1890 - 1950 is the name of an exhibition which is currently showing at the Maroondah Art Gallery and there is the associated Vintage Garden Party event (clothing market, children's corner, music and picnic) also taking place tomorrow from noon to 4 pm at the Maroondah Federation Estate - Maroondah's community, cultural and arts facility.  It sounds divine if you get a chance to head out east.
Image via mymarkets.vic.com.au
Speaking of vintage (I love how my segue ways have all worked today!), the Round She Goes vintage clothing market in Coburg is also on this Sunday.  The Meyers Place Latin Fiesta is also on for the second time in the city on Sunday if you're wanting to go to a proper Latin Block party.  Have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back next week (lots of events on!) - I'll also have a new local profile to put up which didn't make it today.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to get the book, I've been hoping they would do one for years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome home Leanne - your photos from the states were all amazing especially the jellyfish :-). I've read The Heart Garden (which some call the 'Mills & Boon' version) by Janine Burke but this one I think will be a lot grittier - I'll be interested to see what you think - it's always reminded me a bit of Camelot in terms of mythology.

      Delete