Friday, October 16, 2015

Local Profile - Jay Chubb

I love a social entrepreneur at the best of times and discovered Jay's business not that long ago - I think it's right up my alley and if I ever move from my home office, I'd be making a bee-line for Nest Coworking in Thornbury, which is also housed in a beautiful Art Deco building, complete with resident dog.  Read on for more about Jay Chubb...
Name: Jay Chubb
Occupation: Entrepreneur
Lives/works: Thornbury
How long have you worked here? 2 years
Describe yourself:
I'm an entrepreneur who loves social change and the models of human experience, communication and creativity that accelerate it. I've worked across the theory and practice of social change for two decades, including managing community organisations, political lobbying for the non-profit sector, tertiary study and consulting internationally. A decade ago I developed a travel and business addiction and started serial businesses in the US, China and Australia, in everything from jewelry to electronics to branding and communications.

In 2014 I founded Nest Coworking in Thornbury from a passion for community that integrates social change, business and localism. Nest is a coworking community and organic social enterprise accelerator, and home to social enterprises like Scarf, Open Food Network and Birth for HumanKIND. Nest is about to launch Open Creative, a platform for freelancers and knowledge workers to deliver services collaboratively. Open Creative integrates business with social purpose, and dedicates a percentage of earnings to social outcomes.

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne’s north-east:
People. Creativity, imagination and innovation is the norm. Relaxed, original and unconventional.

For more information:
nestcoworking.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment