Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In space

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful Spring day.  Mr Rosanna and I have been doing a bit of Spring cleaning and decorating including visiting both The Greenery in Heidelberg and Bulleen Art and Garden to create our own Moroccan-themed deck and hanging herb garden.  I will post some photos once we're done and will also do the same for our studio which is almost complete - I'm still on the hunt for a mid-century Kalmar teak side table (and the studio could do with a paint but that may not happen!) - it's been a lot of fun and sometimes I wonder whether I should have pursued a career in design and styling.  It may perhaps be my third career when I become that Art Deco/Mid Century antique dealer I've always dreamed about...
Image via www.banyule.vic.gov.au
The 2015 Banyule Award for Works on Paper themed 'in space' is being launched tonight and you'll see me at Hatch Contemporary Arts Space (which is also screening films this month) in Ivanhoe if you are going along.  I'm looking forward to it and have recently stepped down from the Banyule Arts and Culture Advisory Committee after almost five years - it's time to move on to other things and it's been a juggle with volunteering at Heide Museum of Modern Art in Bulleen as well.  There's only so much time in the day!
It's also a great day to be outside riding your bike and it's actually National Ride2Work Day tomorrow.  And while it may not be in the north eastern suburbs, my little sister Cat from Architecture of Audio has actually been involved in providing the music and technical sound assistance for the Maribyrnong Ride2Work Day event which my fellow blogger Joyce Watts from the Mel: Hot or Not and Cycle Style blogs has coordinated.
Image via Moroccan Soup Bar
The Melbourne Salami Festa at Northcote Town Hall is also on this Friday and I love how we celebrate all things food here in Melbourne.  Speaking of food, Middle Eastern restaurant Rumi is celebrating its 9 year anniversary in Brunswick and chef Hana Assifiri from the Moroccan Soup Bar in North Fitzroy has recently taken over the former Miramar nut shop on Lygon Street in Brunswick East with her new deli-cafe called Moroccan Deli-Cacy.  She's also releasing a book called Moroccan Soup Bar: Recipes of a Spoken Menu on October 26 which is on my cookbook wish list, along with a lot of Yotam Ottolenghi's books.  I'll be back later this week with more.

This post is dedicated to the memory of blogger and Fairfax columnist Sam de Brito.

No comments:

Post a Comment