Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hello Sunday

I'm a little tired today, as are my children, and the end of the year is looming.  I always find that once Melbourne Cup week happens, that's it - everyone goes into Christmas mode and starts counting down to the end of the year.  I've started my Christmas and other shopping given the number of events I have on between now and then.

I hope you've had a good year so far.  Mine has improved after a rough start and while I haven't achieved everything I was hoping for this year, it's still been pretty good.  Life is not perfect and that's the challenge - to live in a state of constant change and imperfection.  It's a good time to start planning for next year and working out how you might do things differently depending on what your goals are, or at least taking some action to move towards the things you want to happen in your life.  Fear, (or laziness) unfortunately, tends to paralyse a lot of people but nothing changes unless we change ourselves and take action.
Brougham Street Bazaar image via Facebook
Good to see that Second Home Eltham has had another write up in this week's Age Good Food section (as well as write ups in Broadsheet, the Herald Sun and on my blog as well).  I hope to make it there for a meal at some stage soon and always enjoy checking out the Brougham Street Bazaar antique store next door when I'm in the area.
Image via Darebin Arts
The Darebin Music Feast starts tomorrow and the big thing this year is the all day free music event Hello Sunday being held this coming Sunday at the Northcote Town Hall.  Also starting tomorrow is the annual Motor Classica car event at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton - I love a classic car and always get a bit of a thrill whenever I spy one on the street.
Image via Ticketek
The annual Garage Sale Trail is on this Saturday 24 October and if you like op shops, there is an I Love to Op Shop website.  I haven't done a lot of op shopping this year but Mr Rosanna and I hit the road a couple of weeks ago to buy some Art Deco bedside tables from LoveDeco1 in Bacchus Marsh - ahhh the places you go to when you want a specific piece....one of our other friends who lives locally went  all the way to NSW to collect a vintage caravan he bought on eBay.
Image via Garage Sale Trail
Finally, the Global Village Multicultural Festival at Princes Park in Carlton is also on this weekend, with which local Nick from Bien Cafe in Rosanna has been involved.  It's good to see the love being shared in a week where I've been disappointed at the racism that's appeared following the appointment of indigenous footballer Adam Goodes as a David Jones brand ambassador.  I can't actually think of anything that's more un-Australian...
Image via Event Finda

No comments:

Post a Comment