Monday, September 21, 2015

Where the magic happens

The school holidays have arrived and my boys are enjoying their pancake and pyjama day at home, as am I.  Despite the fact that I work from home, I have never once worn my pyjamas while in work mode as much as that might appeal to some people!  I need to look professional in order to feel professional and while I don't suit up much these days, I still like to dress in normal clothes to do my job and what I wear is a reflection of who I am - the little girl in me has always loved dressing up.
Image via www.palacecinemas.com.au
There are a few festivals currently on at the moment which I didn't mention last week.  The Lavazza Italian Film Festival is on until 11 October and while The Astor Theatre and Palace Cinema Como are not in the northeast, the Kino Cinemas is screening 'Forgiven not Forgotten' this Wednesday night with Peroni Beer and Salami from the Melbourne Salami Festa on offer.
Image via tulipfestival.com.au
While the weather's about to turn today, the Tesselaar Tulip Festival is also currently on until 6 October if you're happy to head east to Silvan.  While the Turkish weekend, Yarra Ranges Week and Dutch Weekend have already been held at the festival - the Children's Week, Food Wine & Jazz  and Irish Weekend are yet to come over the next few weeks.  Tulips are one of my favourite flowers and many of my friends and family have previously visited the festival and I think the rainbow of flowers would be glorious to see.
Jim Henson Film Program image via ACMI
Muppets, Music and Magic: Jim Henson's Legacy opens at ACMI today and runs until 11 October.  My favourite Muppets character has always been Miss Piggy for a number of reasons as well as Mr Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street - I'm sure many of you would have your own favourites!  The Arts Centre is also holding a number of school holiday events including Carnival of the Animals if you are into circuses like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment