Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Taking the floor

I'm pretty sure my youngest son is a performer and perhaps it runs in the family given my Dad's a musician.  I remember when I was at uni that the best public speakers from my course had all done drama, which was interesting.  It takes guts to get up and have a crack so I just wanted to mention a couple of places today that hold Open Mic Nights.  Busybird Publishing in Montmorency holds an Open Mic Night on the third Wednesday of every month while The grape & HOP wine bar, which is also in Monty, holds one every Tuesday night and I know a couple of friends who went last night and got up on stage - brave souls!
Image via The grape & HOP wine bar 
A few other events on around the placem which I wanted to mention - the Coburg Food Truck Festival is on again today and tomorrow at the Coburg Drive In and I reckon it would be a lot of fun.  It's also a good time to go with kids to see a movie before daylight savings starts next month.
Image via Revival Events
Urban Revival at Pentridge Prison is on this Saturday from 9.30 am - 2.30 pm and it's sounding pretty good to me as a place to chill out, listen to some cool tunes, sample some awesome street food and meander through some of Melbourne's choicest designers.  The same group run a number of different events with a vintage theme.

Images above via Montsalvat
Finally, with Spring it's also wedding season and artists' colony Montsalvat in Eltham is holding its Wedding Open Day this Sunday 27 September.  I've never actually been to a function at Montsalvat but will be going to one in a couple of months, which I'm looking forward to - there's not too many times you can say you've been to a real life 'castle'!

No comments:

Post a Comment