Friday, September 11, 2015

Blooming lovely

Wow - what a beautiful day it has been.  Spring has finally arrived and I think there are lots of us happy to see the sun!
Florence Broadhurst book image via Amazon
I was reading about the 28th David Jones Spring Flower Show in Sydney celebrating the work of Australian artist Florence Broadhurst and it's a shame that it no longer happens in the Melbourne store.  I was lucky enough to work on a Moroccan-themed flower show here when I worked at David Jones as their PR, which involved having to source a genuine Moroccan musician who were scarce on the ground at the time - the things you get asked to do...
Image via Benjamin's Kitchen
I was out last night at Benjamin's Kitchen in Alphington and what a lovely surprise that was - it was buzzing with lots of tables of ladies so I think it's popular with women in particular.  I loved the washed interior from the white ceramic flying ducks on the blue sky walls and the cloud shaped lights to the very stylish white Mark Newson by Noritake designer tableware - it has a surprisingly warm and atmospheric feel inside despite the pale colours.  It's all very tasteful and the food (shared plates are the go) and service were great although I didn't see any Asian staff members on the floor, which I always find funny at an Asian restaurant.

Clifton Hill Yoga Studio celebrates its 20 year anniversary this weekend with the original owner and founder Frank Jesse in town to take  a special backbend workshop if you are so inclined.  The Sisters' Market is on in Brunswick tomorrow while YouthFest 2015 in Macleod, the Eltham Farmers Market and the Montsalvat Arts Festival in Eltham are all being held on Sunday, which looks like being a cracker of a day!  Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment