Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hotter than July

I've been so busy this week that I literally ran out of time to post yesterday so this is a little bit late but I'm hoping some of you might see this over the weekend.  It's been the coldest July in something like two decades so I am hoping August starts to get a bit warmer - the countdown to Spring is on!
Image via miff.com.au
I've talked a lot about food this week and I did want to mention that Broadsheet actually ran a Melbourne Film Festival (which opened on Thursday) Food and Film Guide - it's a great idea when you're seeing a movie and want to grab a bite to eat somewhere close or have something that gets you into the mood for what you're seeing - particularly as we are such a multicultural city in terms of cuisine.
Image via Banyule Youth
The Olympic Village Makers Market is on in West Heidelberg today until 2pm if you're in the area and the Round She Goes vintage clothing market is on in Box Hill tomorrow.  Speaking of design, I have been an admirer of Abby Seymour's work for a while now - I particularly love her fairly organic range of hand formed jewellery, although she does beautiful homewares as well.
Image via www.realestate.com.au
Finally, it's not quite yet Spring but this Robin Boyd house at 10 Gruyere Crescent in Ivanhoe East has caught my eye - it backs onto the river and I think if you're a lover of all things mid century, this would be a fantastic project.  I really hope it gets bought by a design lover and not knocked down and replaced with some soul-less McMansion.  It's been a bit heartbreaking to watch this happen to many period homes around Melbourne in recent years and all I can repeat is that money does not buy taste, style or class.  Speaking of projects, Mr Rosanna and I have almost finished our studio and I will post some picture of it at some later stage once it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment