Thursday, July 23, 2015

I love Melbourne

I must admit I have a bit of a girl crush on food writer and TV presenter Rachel Khoo.  I've been following her stellar rise since her first cooking program The Little Paris Kitchen appeared on SBS and I'll be watching tonight when Rachel Khoo's Kitchen Notebook Melbourne series starts.  I think her cookbooks would make lovely gifts if you have any Francophiles living in your house.
Image via www.rachelkhoo.com
It's nice to see the sun out today and there are a number of events on this week.  St Paul's in East Kew is holding a Winter Night Market tomorrow which I think would be a good one to go to if you're in the area.  Elk's Garage Sale starts today and runs until Saturday at the Old Peerless Glass Factory at 296 Plenty Road in Preston while the Made 'n Thornbury Craft Market is also on this Saturday from 10 am - 2 pm at 99 Leinster St in Thornbury - I daresay you'll find some lovely handmade and other goodies from these markets and sales.
Image via Winter Night Market
Heidelberg Symphony Orchestra actually holds its children's concerts x 2 of 'Peter and the Wolf' this Sunday at Ivanhoe Girls Grammar and I discovered fairly recently that there is also a Preston Symphony Orchestra.  I think it would be a really fantastic way to introduce your kids to live classical music if you get a chance to see either orchestra in action.  Open House Melbourne is also on this weekend and I'm tipping Saturday might be the better day to be venturing outdoors.
Image via Open House Melbourne
My long awaited 10km run at Run Melbourne is on this Sunday morning so I'll be pounding the pavement in the cold along with a number of friends and family who are doing the half-marathon, 10km and 3.5km pyjama run.  I'll see you there if you're coming along!
Image via Run Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment