Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tea for me

It's Mother's Day this coming weekend and a number of friends and family are participating in the Mother's Day Classic event so I am hoping the sun comes out for them, given it's a bit of a cold and dreary day today.  If you're wanting to warm up this winter, I also wanted to mention that tickets have now been on sale for a while to the Winter Solstice Festival at Montsalvat in Eltham.
Image via wintersolsticemelbourne.com.au
The AAADA Melbourne Antiques Fair starts tomorrow in Melbourne at the Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton and includes one of my favourite Art Deco retailers Online Antiques (who are now based in Daylesford) as well as the Bus tour Series 2015.
Image via www.aaada.org.au
If you are wanting to shop locally for Mother's Day, I did want to mention the Diamond Village Craft Market which has been operating for a number of years now - the coordinator of the market also works at the DVCS Op Shop Macleod.  While it's more suburban in nature, I always love the handmade things you can buy at these types of markets including beautiful hand knitted baby clothes and handmade soaps.  For something more urban, the Sisters Market is also on this coming Saturday in Brunswick.
Image via The Common
I was out with some friends today at the Eltham Tea House, which was my first visit.  It's got a little inside toddler play area with TV near the front and is a bit French Provincial-inspired with its own gift shop (similar to nearby Lilies on Brougham) - it's a good place to go for coffee and cake.  You need to turn left off Main Road immediately after turning left at the big roundabout to Eltham as it's opposite the Miniature Railway.  I was also out recently for lunch in Eltham and went to The Common sampling the Vietnamese Coleslaw for lunch and it was more than OK - I think the food scene in the suburbs is slowing evolving and I will always give somewhere trying to be more sophisticated a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment