Thursday, May 14, 2015

Dreamy days

Well winter's come on with a vengeance and it's not even June!  I've already started eating my way through the cold season.  Speaking of food, I did want to mention that Lulie Street Tavern in Abbotsford is partnering with Cluster Trucks, which will be visiting their undercover carpark Fridays, Saturday and Sundays throughout May (if you're after food to accompany your drinks), while the Coburg Drive In is also holding its Food Truck Festival again next Wednesday and Thursday.  If you're interested in finding out where the various food trucks are in general, check out wherethetruck.at

I've also been seeking design inspiration online via The Design Files and Houzz and the 10 Ways to Turn a Dreary Day into a Dreamy Day on Houzz might inspire you as well.  I think I've already ticked off most of the things on the list and winter's not yet begun...
Image via www.tivoliaudio.com.au
Things on my design wish list for our mid century-style studio downstairs include the Tivoli Audio Model One Radio in walnut.  While digital radio is the way of the future, I've always loved the look of these radios - there is a timelessness about them.
Image via www.greatdanefurniture.com.au
In keeping with my bird fetish, the small Vedel Bird designed in 1959 is also a favourite and available locally from Great Dane Furniture in Melbourne.
Image via www.georgjensen.com
Speaking of all things Danish, I do love one of the newest ranges of jewellery from Georg Jensen - the Aria range - which is a quite Art Deco/Moderne in its style.  Check out those chandelier earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment