Friday, May 29, 2015

Dream Home

This is the name of the award winning play presented by Darebin Arts' Speakeasy which is currently showing at the Northcote Town Hall until 3 June.  Like Grand Designs, I think this comedy about life in suburbia highlights the pitfalls of home renovation and the toll it can take on relationships.  While Mr Rosanna and I have never gone down the path of a complete overhaul - most of our friends and family who've renovated have said "never again!" - I do take my hat off to any serial home renovators.
Image via Northcote Town Hall
A couple of things on this weekend - the Fairfield Farmers Market is on as well as the Melbourne International Jazz Festival.  And while venues for the jazz festival are mainly in the city, I think some of the shows would be fantastic to see.  I've not yet been to the Melbourne Recital Centre in Southbank, which looks great from the outside.
Image via The Dharma Door
Speaking of home, I have long loved these jute baskets and bowls that are available from Australian fair trade retailer The Dharma Door.  I've got my eye on a couple of the striped versions for my house.
Finally I am very happy to announce a special homewares offer from Romulus and the Gypsy for readers of my blog!  See below for more details:
If you’re looking for homewares for yourself or gifts for friends and family, then give Romulus and the Gypsy in Ivanhoe a visit.  To celebrate the launch of our online store for the next two weeks, we are offering Miss Rosanna blog readers a 10% discount across our entire range of homewares, candles and jewellery. 
To take advantage of this offer in-store please mention this post or shop online at www.romulusandthegypsy.com.au and enter ‘MISSROSANNA’ at the checkout.   Romulus and the Gypsy is located at 11/149 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe (facing the Livingstone St carpark) and is open Tuesday to Saturday.  Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment