Thursday, April 16, 2015

Old school cool

It's Record Store Day Australia this Saturday and for those of you who love vinyl, we don't really need an excuse to buy some more records!  I'll always be more old school than new and I think vinyl just sounds better.  We've bought a number of records from our friend Marsden Williams at Muscle Shoals Second Hand Records in Brunswick (named after the US studio - it's also well worth watching the Netflix documentary on the history of this famous recording studio) who's actually been featured in Beat magazine this week.
Image via www.recordstoreday.com.au
The Ivanhoe Makers Market is on this Saturday (and every third Saturday of the month) and I did want to mention that local ceramic artist Lene Kuhl-Jakobsen sells her gorgeous ceramics at this market, as well as the Rose St Market in Fitzroy (the next one is Mother's Day Sunday 10 May).  I have one of her vases on my desk and I think her design aesthetic particularly suits mid century/Scandi style.  I also spied some of her ceramics for sale at the Bendigo Art Gallery shop while I was there.  Lene is Danish and I'm loving the new 'Nordic Noir' series The Legacy on SBS.

Other markets on this weekend include the Boroondara, Carlton and Fairfield farmers markets while the annual Templestowe Village Festival is also being held this Sunday and the True North Arts Festival in Darebin runs from Friday 17 - Sunday 19 April.
Image via Templestowe Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment