Thursday, March 12, 2015

Walking the talk

I've mentioned before that I pay greater attention these days to what people do rather than what they say they're going to do and I like to think I am someone who always follows through (when it makes sense to) and makes things happen (perhaps I should have been a magician in this life, not a marketer).  I try to finish what I start and when I commit, it's usually for the long haul.  So with that in mind, I have signed up to do that 10km run I've been talking about - you'll see me at Run Melbourne in July along with a number of other friends I've coerced into running with me - I just need to start training now!
Image via Register Now
Locally, the Eltham Fun Run 2015 is being held this Sunday - you can choose either the 5km or 10km Walk/Run through some of the most picturesque walking trails in Melbourne.  Some of my fitter friends have also signed up in previous years to The Colour Run, Run for the Kids, City2Sea and Puffing Billy Great Train Race.  There is also an Anzac Run Melbourne this year as well as the annual Mother's Day Classic and Melbourne Marathon events.
Image via Go run for Gynae
If something more leisurely takes your fancy, then both the Collingwood Children's Farm and Coburg Farmers Markets are on this weekend as well as the Take 2 Pop Up fashion event at Queen Victoria Market C shed.  The annual Darebin Community & Kite Festival is also being held this Sunday at Edwardes Lake Park from 11 am - 6 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment