Friday, March 6, 2015

Local profile - Blaise van Hecke

I had the pleasure of sitting right next to Blaise van Hecke from Busybird Publishing at yesterday's International Women's Day Brunch and I can't think of a more fitting person to have on my blog than her this week.  It is inspiring to meet women who have managed to carve out their own businesses according to their passions and on their own terms. I'm sure it's not always easy but I take my hat off to Blaise and women like her.  Read on for more about Blaise...
Name: Blaise van Hecke
Occupation: Publisher
Lives/works: Montmorency
How long have you lived/worked here? 7 years
Describe yourself:
Ever since I was small, writing, books, music and art have been part of a staple diet so it’s no surprise that I am now a writer, writing mentor and publisher. I love books and love to help people find ways to get their story out into the world through writing, books and art.

I run Busybird Publishing with my husband Kev in Montmorency where we run writing and photography workshops, open mic nights, networking events, exhibitions and help people self-publish their books. We love the community that has sprung up around us.

Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne’s north-east:
The leafy surrounds and the fantastic community.

For more information:
www.busybird.com.au
www.thebookchick.com.au
https://www.facebook.com/bbpublishing
https://twitter.com/busybusybird
Email: busybird@bigpond.net.au
Mobile: 0416 157 281
Landline: 9434 6365

No comments:

Post a Comment