Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A woman's woman

It's International Women's Day this Sunday and locally, Banyule Council is holding a free community event - the International Women's Day Brunch this Thursday at The Streeton Room in The Centre Ivanhoe from 9.30 - 11.30 am.  Limited places are available and bookings are essential.  If you're coming along, you'll see me there along with some other high profile local women and artists at the Banyule Arts and Culture table.
Image via wfto.com
Speaking of high profile local women, I'll also have a new local profile up this Friday featuring one of the women who will be at the brunch with me.  While I have male friends, in my heart of hearts I think I will always be a woman's woman and the majority of my closest friends are female.  I don't know why this is, suffice to say that perhaps growing up in a female-only household and being a more girly girl as a child may have had something to do with it.  As an adult, I have also worked in a female-dominated profession (marketing/PR/communications) in female-dominated industries - from my early days in fashion, beauty and retail to now in arts and culture - so I think I can safely say that most days for me are women's days!  Perhaps that's also why fate has sought to give me two sons, so I can experience more testosterone in my life.
Image via Banyule Business
I love that the headline act for this year's Banyule Festival Twilight Sounds event is soul singer Ms Murphy - it's fantastic to see a female front woman in the mix!  March is festival month in Banyule and beyond - I'll be back later this week with more.
Image via Banyule City Council

No comments:

Post a Comment