Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Stars and stripes

I am born on the fourth of July so it was probably just a matter of time before I visited American style restaurant Bobo's Diner in Ivanhoe, which has been open for over a year now.  Mr Rosanna and I had an impromptu dinner there with the boys last night and it was fun!  Serving wood fired pizzas, ribs, burgers, slaw and salads, it's quite a cool concept for conservative Ivanhoe and a refreshing change from some of the more beige cafes and shops to be found in the strip.

Despite the lure of the ribs and wings, Mr R and I both went for burgers - he tried the Hottie (yes, that chipotle mayo is hot) and I had The Vaughan which consisted of pulled pork, Bobo's slaw and pineapple relish.  It was delicious but messy!  We sat in one of the booths but a number of people came in and sat outside in the beer garden, which looked pretty inviting on a warm evening.  The service was excellent although it was a quieter night being a Monday.
While I was there I picked up a brochure for yoganauts - a fun and imaginative series of kids yoga classes being held on three Saturday mornings - the next two are being held on Saturday 21 February and Saturday 14 March from 9.30 - 10.30am - in the Rosina Auditorium at the Abbotsford Convent.  Tickets are $14 per child per class and less for 2 or more siblings.  You can book on 0476 15 77 15 or simply come along on the day.
Yoganauts image via Abbotsford Convent
And while I'm on the topic of ribs, Mr R and I have previously had ribs from Sinners Macleod (which is takeaway only) and can also vouch for them.  Sinners also do pizza and pasta but I think their ribs are pretty special.

No comments:

Post a Comment