Friday, February 13, 2015

Local Profile - Danielle Zanetti

It's no secret that I absolutely love all things Art Deco so you can imagine my delight when I discovered Danielle Zanetti's handmade jewellery courtesy of the Skirt and Shirt Market at The Abbotsford Convent.  It is exquisitely made and captures all the things I love best about Art Deco - simple yet bold and stylish as well.  Read on for more about Danielle....
Name: Danielle Zanetti
Occupation: Jewellery Designer
Lives/works: Thornbury
How long have you lived/worked here? Roughly 20 years
Describe what you do:
I love making things and started making jewellery when I was pregnant with my first child 13 years ago (I now have 3 girls).  My studio is home based which is fantastic when you have the urge to make something in the middle of the night.  Collecting vintage chain, semi-precious beads and anything else that can inspire my creativity for jewellery design is my passion.  Every design is made by me in my studio.  In 2009 I won an award at the Fashion Exposed Trade Fair for best accessories.  That was fantastic and got the ball rolling for a lot of exposure in magazines.

Best thing about living/working in Melbourne's north-east:
There is a strong creative community in the north.  The arts of all kinds are supported in so many fabulous ways.  The north has so much talent hidden away in studios, markets and pop-up shops etc.  Oh and did I mention the cultural diversity?  It's wonderful - especially the food.

For more information:
Facebook: Danielle Zanetti Jewels
Website: daniellezanettijewels.com
Market: Skirt and Shirt Market at The Abbotsford Convent - 3rd Sunday of the month
Email: danniz@optusnet.com.au
Mobile: 0433 995 155

No comments:

Post a Comment