Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Summer styling

With summer now upon us (although maybe not today in Melbourne), it's nice to bare some skin and I discovered a few new labels over the break.  If you're into boho chic like me, then head to Spell & the Gypsy Collective who are based in Byron Bay.  I love their styling and much of their range is rayon or cotton, which is cool to wear in the hotter months.  Their playsuits in particular are tres comfy if you don't mind all the buttons!  
Image via Spell Designs
Image via Flash Tattoos
In keeping with the whole bohemian vibe, I particularly love the Lotus and Little Buddha collections from By Charlotte jewellery - Charlotte Blakeney is a very successful Australian makeup artist turned jewellery designer.  I also love her Rainbow Beach bracelets which are perfect for days by the seaside.  And while I'm not a personal fan of inked skin, I do love the gold and silver temporary tattoos from Flash Tattoos which are available online from Beginning Boutique - they are perfect for outdoor festivals and parties if you are so inclined.  Painted nails always look good in summer and if you've had the dilemma like me of trying to find chemical-free nail polish (when I worked for Aveda they did not have nail polish in their beauty range due to all the chemicals), then try Kester Black or Zoya.
Image via By Charlotte
Image via State of Green blog
Other jewellery labels which caught my eye over the break include Kimono Reincarnate for those of you who like Asian-inspired jewellery as well as the absolutely beautiful Art Deco-inspired jewellery from local jeweller Danielle Zanetti (who you'll be hearing more about on my blog) - Danielle also sells her range at the fabulous Shirt and Skirt Markets at Abbotsford Convent (the next one is this coming Sunday).
Image via Kimono Reincarnate

Image via Danielle Zanetti Jewels
Speaking of absolutely beautiful, I loved actress Emma Stone in her Lanvin jumpsuit at this year's Golden Globes (below) - I love that both she and NZ singer Lorde wore pants!
Image via Hollywood Life

No comments:

Post a Comment