Thursday, January 29, 2015

Breathe

The kids are back at school and I am enjoying a moment of stillness and a chance to catch my breath. Before I had kids, I could never understand why colleagues who were parents used to say to me they liked coming to work to have a break from their children.  I get it now!  Well and truly...

It's been a pretty mild summer so far although I'm enjoying the cooler than normal temperature as it's not so hot when I've been out running.  I sometimes see crazy people running in the absolute heat of the day and think they're candidates for a heart attack or sunstroke.
Image via Wikipedia
I've also tried to continue my reading even though the holidays are over.  I'm halfway through The Goldfinch by American writer Donna Tartt which won the 2014 Pulitzer Prize for fiction - it's the first book I've ever read on a Kindle and while I love hard copy, long form books - it was great to take away something so compact and light when we were at the beach.  Apparently print is not dead especially when it comes to books, Gen Y and over still prefer to buy hard copy books and that's great news for bookshops.
Image via The Estelle Store Facebook page
And while summer's not over yet, there are a number of retailers on sale at the moment, which I just wanted to quickly mention.  Jewellery label By Charlotte is still holding its end of year sale with up to 30% off and further reductions until tomorrow.  Local fashion label Gorman also has a further 20% off  store wide including full price and sale stock until this weekend.  The Estelle Store in Ivanhoe is also teaming up with 5 Elements store in Fairfield and holding The Big Garage Sale out the back in the car park of 255 Upper Heidelberg Road this Sunday 1 February from 10am - 3 pm with nothing over $100 - I'm sure there are some bargains to be had!

I've got my first local profile of the year to put up on my blog tomorrow and I hope you are enjoying this last month of summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment