Friday, December 12, 2014

Can you feel it

The Christmas spirit that is....it's also the name of one of my favourite songs by the late MJ - who will always be the King of Pop for me.
Image via Banyule Council website
Besides feeling a bit ragged in the lead up to the big day, I am definitely feeling the love!  I went for a wander down Upper Heidelberg Road yesterday trying to complete my Christmas shopping.  Ivanhoe actually held a special Christmas shopping night last night for the first time with a number of shops on the strip offering discounts and other value added promotions and I must admit, this shopper much prefers strip shopping to malls.
Image via Haughton Stotts website
I did grab a coffee and a muffin at The Foreigner cafe yesterday and met the guys who are running the show - they've only been open one month at this stage and if you are local, I'd encourage you all to go in and give them your business.  There were a number of mums with kids there yesterday as well as local business people.

I also bought gifts at a number of my favourite shops including The Estelle Store, Creative Minds, Andrew's Books, Romulus and the Gypsy as well as ending my sojourn at Mount's Pharmacy.

Christmas has arrived in the local area and Bell Street Mall are having their Christmas Carnival tomorrow from 10 am - 4 pm in West Heidelberg.  The weather is looking great for tomorrow and Greensborough Town Centre is staging Banyule's Carols by Candlelight opposite Watermarc tomorrow night from 6.30pm followed by a Christmas market on Sunday from 9 am to 2 pm with live entertainment also on next Monday and Tuesday.  The Boulevard Lights in Ivanhoe also start this weekend until Christmas Eve from 8.30 - 11 pm - remember to avoid the main streets and the Burke Road Eastern Freeway exit if you want to avoid being caught in traffic which I failed to do last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment