Friday, December 19, 2014

A walk in the park

I went for a walk in the park yesterday and I hope this is something you get a chance to do over the Christmas and New Year break - go for a long walk and just stop and smell the roses - breathe and be in the moment for just a bit.  I realised when I was there that it was the first time this year that I'd actually walked around the park (I'm usually running).  For many of us, this is such a crazy time of year with so many extra demands placed on us, combined with being the most weary, so give yourself a break if you can and slow down - you'll feel much better for it.
Mr Rosanna and I are hosting Christmas this year with my family so we will be making a trip to Leo's in Heidelberg at some stage over the next week.  And if food is on your brain I just wanted to mention a number of places which have been reviewed the past week as well as places to go for last minute food, and Christmas, shopping.

I'm very excited to hear that Seven Seeds is coming to Alphington in the new year complete with cafe and if you're a cafe person like me, Stagger Lees and Addict Food & Coffee in Fitzroy are also worth checking out.  Meanwhile, for lunch or dinner, Elyros (Cretan) in Camberwell, Northern Git in Thornbury and Belle's Hot Chicken on Gertrude Street in Fitzroy have also been given the tick by The Age Good Food.

Farmers Markets on this weekend include Boroondara, Carlton, Fairfield, Eltham and two twilight markets in Hurstbridge and Slow Food Melbourne (next Tuesday).  The final Ivanhoe Makers Market at The Livingstone Centre is also on tomorrow if you're looking for last minute gifts.

Besides hosting Christmas, I have also found myself the joint-coordinator of our street party so I am looking forward to meeting some new neighbours and spending time with existing ones.  I wish you all a very Merry Christmas as 2014 draws to a close and I look forward to returning next year - the Chinese Year of the Sheep.

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou...I do enjoy your blog, chatty and informative ! Please keep up your good work. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Cheers, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so lovely to hear Amanda - and thank you for taking the time to comment - it's really appreciated. Love from Miss Rosanna x

    ReplyDelete