Wednesday, October 22, 2014

You say salami

I love that in Melbourne we have our own Salami Festival!  Yes, the Melbourne Salami Festa opens this weekend at the Northcote Town Hall and if you're a lover of all things meaty - then this is the one for you.  I've always loved the Italian tradition of making their own tomato sauces and salamis (as I am about similar rituals making Greek desserts and Chinese dumplings) and one year nearly decided to give Mr Rosanna a salami making course as a Christmas present.
Image via Northcote Town Hall website
I was out visiting my client Avant Card yesterday and they are located in a pretty hip spot off Sydney Road in Brunswick.  I picked up some takeaway lunch from a relatively new cafe Foxtrot Charlie and also popped my head into Ottoman Treasures which sells the most divine Turkish jewellery and ceramics amongst other things - thanks to Lady Melbourne for that tip.  You also go past the doorway to Mr Kitly and if you're a design aficionado then that's also worth popping your head into.
Setting up for Motor Classica - Royal Exhibition Building
Mr Rosanna and I also had an evening out in Carlton while I've been researching post graduate courses - the boys got to go to the Imax Theatre at the Melbourne Museum while we saw workers getting the beautiful Royal Exhibition Building ready for the Motor Classica car event also on this weekend (check out the vintage Maseratis if you go!).

Finally, the Round She Goes vintage clothing market is being held at Coburg Town Hall this Sunday from 10 am - 3 pm.  Entry is $2.

No comments:

Post a Comment