Wednesday, October 8, 2014

New beginnings

It is the end of an era for me having had the pleasure of working for Director Margot Tasca as publicist for The Light Factory Gallery in Eltham the past three and a half years.  It has been particularly inspiring working in the world of contemporary art and meeting many local artists over that time.  The gallery's last show of portraiture including works by Margot Tasca herself is still on until this Sunday (11 am - 2 pm daily) after which time the gallery will close for good.  The teahouse will continue to trade until 26 October and both Margot and Damien Carey (who runs the teahouse) have exciting future plans ahead.
Margot Tasca and me at The Light Factory Gallery
As for the gallery itself, I have been sworn to secrecy but I think its new incarnation will be really exciting and continue to put the space on the map as a destination.  As for me, I also hope to stay working in the world of contemporary art in some capacity so I will keep you posted on my movements.  I continue to work for my other lovely client Avant Card as their Marketing Copywriter on an ongoing basis so it's fantastic to still be in the world of arts and culture.
Image via musicfeast.com.au
Speaking of which, there are a number of things to mention today including the Darebin Music Feast which starts today.  If you're in Darebin, it's also worth visiting Bundoora Homestead Art Centre for the Coming Home exhibition commemorating its history as a convalescent farm and repatriation psychiatric hospital from 1920 until 1993.  The official opening is this Saturday 11 October at 2 pm.

There are a number of other art events and markets on this coming weekend so I'll be back tomorrow with more.

2 comments:

  1. Heard something about the Bundoora Homestead exhibition on RRR this week - sounded really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ella Hinkley from Banyule Arts and Culture has left to join the Bundoora Homestead as Gallery Manager so I think good things are in store - wish they could have done something similar with Banyule Homestead. Cx

    ReplyDelete