Thursday, October 2, 2014

Table for one

I went out for a family dinner last night to Trapezi in Station Street, Fairfield and it was excellent as it was the last time I was there.  I will say that I did have to ask George the owner to turn the music down when we arrived (I must be getting old!) as the Greek dance music was a bit too much at 6pm and particularly because I had been enjoying listening to the busker out on the street playing guitar.  While we normally go to the more traditional Village Square Greek Tavern in Burgundy Street Heidelberg, it was nice to go somewhere a bit different and more up market.  Trapezi has more of an urban feel with its polished concrete floors and modern interior.

Images above via trapezi.com.au
I've recently come across a number of interesting local people so I will have another local profile to put up tomorrow just in time for the start of the new school term.  I also wanted to mention that the inaugural fortnightly Carlton Farmers Market starts this Saturday from 8 am - 1 pm at Carlton Primary School and will be held on the first and third Saturdays of each month.
Ornamental Pond at Monsalvat image via wikipedia
Montsalvat in Eltham is also holding its annual Open Day this Sunday and if the weather improves as it's meant to, then it will be a fantastic day out exploring the buildings, studios and extensive gardens not to mention all the activities scheduled to take place.   Tickets are currently for sale online with a family ticket costing $20, adults $7 and children 3 - 15 years old $5 - children under 3 are free.

No comments:

Post a Comment