Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Loving my local

When I first created this blog, it was a definite thing for me to focus on the local area.  When you suddenly find yourself at home with babies, toddlers and young children, your focus shifts to your immediate environment and things that are close by.  For me, this has also extended into my professional life where the majority of my clients have been, and still are, small to medium sized enterprises - the lifeblood of the Victorian economy.  It also takes a lot of guts and determination to open your own business, and to keep on going, so with this in mind I just wanted to mention the 'Why do you love your local' competition that is currently being run by Banyule City Council and Victorian Government in the lead up to Support Small Business Day on 4 October.
Image via www.banyule.vic.gov.au
You can win one of 6 x $250 shopping vouchers simply by uploading a photo or writing 100 words on your favourite local business and submitting it to Banyule's Why do you love your local? competition Facebook page.  You can enter as many times as you like and entries close on 12 October.  I love that they've chosen Paul from Miss Marie Cafe in Rosanna as their poster boy for the Facebook competition!

Speaking of small business, it's great to see my ex-client (and current piano teacher) Wendy Brentnall-Wood from Wendy's Music currently nominated for the 2014 Aus Mumpreneur Awards and while I'm on the topic of business women, I also wanted to remind you that tickets are currently on sale for the 2014 Banyule Women in Business Lunch being held on Thursday 16 October at The Centre Ivanhoe.  This year's guest speaker is Carolyn Cresswell from Carman's Fine Foods who I actually met many, many years ago at a marketing network event.  Aah..the power of the network!

No comments:

Post a Comment