Friday, September 19, 2014

Local Profile - Brooke Williams

Well it's nice to know there are fellow online people in the local area including none other than Banyule Mum herself - Brooke Williams!  Miss Rosanna and Banyule Mum got to meet for a coffee at Miss Marie Cafe the other week in the real world, and if you're a parent in the local area then you really should check out Banyule Mum especially given the school holidays are about to start.  I love that Brooke, like me, also works in the cloud :-)
Name: Brooke Williams
Occupation: Stay at home mum / Marketing / IT/ Online sales / Online collaborator
Lives/works: Viewbank/In the cloud
How long have you lived/worked here?
My now husband and I moved to Melbourne in 2005 from country North East Victoria. We have lived in 3 suburbs in Banyule city and are now in our forever house (well at least until the kids finish schooling).
Describe yourself/what you do:
I am currently a stay-at-home Mum with 2 pre-schoolers who keep me on my toes. In my small amount of down time, I import children’s bedroom items and sell online, mainly on eBay but I got my start on local buy, swap and sell pages. I also am a marketing consultant, helping business with projects, website, promotions, social media and other marketing activities. And finally my latest side project, Banyule Mum, where I research local happenings and share them with the Banyule community.
Best thing(s) about living/working in Melbourne’s north-east:
We really don’t need to leave our area very often; there is everything we need here. Green spaces, playgrounds, great kindergartens, school etc for the kids, cafes and restaurants, awesome local events like the farmers markets, Arty Farty festival and just so much to discover. The proximity to things further away is great too, 30 mins on the train to the city, 30 mins to the airport and the metro ring road to get us on our way to the parents in the north east country.

For more information:
www.banyulemum.com | www.facebook.com/BanyuleMum
www.smoiled.com.au
www.facebook.com/GS21LatestObsession

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about you Brooke, I love that you celebrate being a mother and show that as a nation we have the opportunities to be a stay at home mum and still contribute to the work ethic, as if being a mum isn't a full time job all ready. It sounds like you live in a wonderful community with a lot to offer. As someone who has lived here and overseas one of the things that drew me back to Australia was needing that sense of community and family. In todays society of quite often very busy lives its important to strive for both and continue to work hard to maintain them for both our sanity and the stability it brings to our own families. Congratulation so proud to say that I know you. Sally Potter

    ReplyDelete