Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Spring Market

While we are happily ensconced here at Chez Rosanna, I always love looking at new houses coming onto the market and this one at 1 - 3 Wynstay Crescent in Ivanhoe has caught my eye.  Besides the very cool modernist style of the house itself (love the stone walls and all the wood panelling), it's located on a cliff top overlooking Darebin Parklands towards the city on a secluded 2558m2 block (man, I should go into real estate!).  I think the views looking down onto the river would be absolutely spectacular.  If you've got a lazy $2m then this could be yours!
Image via www.realestate.com.au
The Age Good Food Guide 2015 has turned 35 and I just wanted to quickly mention a few of the places in the northeast that got a mention.  In the Vintage hall of fame are Abla's in Carlton (where I went out to last year for my birthday) and Vlado's (celebrating 50 years this year) in Richmond.  Both have also clocked up 35 years with the same owners although I will say that you need to be a meat lover to enjoy both.
Image via www.goodfood.com.au
Also mentioned is Mister Bianco in Kew as Local hero, and Ocha also in Kew as the top spot to dust off the BYO bag - I've not been to Ocha since it first opened at a different location in Kew but my in-laws go every year (including one memorable year it was flooded out due to rain).  The cheese trolley at Merricote in Northcote also gets a big rap, Hot Pot at Dainty Sichuan in Box Hill, the crispy eggplant at Lee Ho Fook in Smith Street, Collingwood and late night drinks at Le Bon Ton, in Gipps Street Collingwood.  Both Anada in Gertrude Street and Northern Light and Saint Crispin (where I took Mr Rosanna for his birthday last year) in Smith Street Collingwood also get mentions.
Image via www.tramrestaurant.com.au
If we had overseas visitors in town, I also think The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant would be a quintessential Melbourne dining experience (as well as Vue de Monde).  I think we tend to forget what's in our own backyard but I've heard good things about the Tramcar and its food.  We are lucky to have such an abundance of fantastic cafes and restaurants here in Melbourne and I think this also makes us one of the world's most liveable cities.

2 comments:

  1. The tramcar is great fun! $$$$ but worth it for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Banyule Mum! Yes, you're not the only one who's told me that - I am going to have to on it one day and maybe I don't even need the excuse of visitors in town - I can just be a proud Melburnian :-)

    ReplyDelete